Impound Hearing and Procedures

How do I dispute a vehicle impound and request a hearing?

To dispute a vehicle impound, you must attend an impound hearing. For more information, please contact the Banning Police Department at (951) 922-3170.

Can I retrieve possessions from my impounded vehicle?

Yes, as long are you are the registered owner of the vehicle. For more information, 

please contact the Watch Commander at (951) 922-3170.

How do I report damages or missing property?

It is standard protocol that the vehicle condition and an inventory list is performed and documented by police personnel prior to the removal of a vehicle by the responding tow company. Should damages occur or property is discovered to be missing, you should first contact the handling tow company. If you do not receive satisfaction from the handling tow company, a claim may be submitted with the City Clerk’s office at City Hall for review.

City Hall
99 E Ramsey St.
Banning,  CA. 92220
(951) 922- 3105