- City Departments
- Office of the City Manager
- Economic Development
- 2022 Small Business Grant Program
2022 Small Business Grant Program
The City is offering one-time grants of up to $10,000 through the City’s Small Business Grant Program (Program) to offer immediate financial assistance to small businesses located in the City to aid in maintaining their business location. The Program funds are made possible with the American Recovery Plan Act (ARPA) and Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds (CSLFRF). These funding sources may be used to provide assistance to businesses facing financial hardship due to the impacts of COVID-19. As a result, businesses must meet all requirements to be eligible for the Program. The City may audit businesses awarded grant funds and/or request additional information of such businesses.
Closing date - February 17, 2023
- Small Business Grant Program Application
- W-9 Form
- Small Business Grant Program Policies and Procedures
Purpose of the Grant Program
The purpose of the City of Banning (City) Small Business Grant Program (Program) is to address the negative economic impacts caused by the COVID-19 pandemic on eligible businesses. The City will process applications on a first-come, first-served basis until all funding is exhausted.
How Much are the Grant Awards?
The maximum grant award available per business is $10,000. Businesses are not expected to pay back grant funds. The City will award all grants by or before December 31, 2024, and grantees must fully expend all grants by or before December 31, 2026. The City will perform sub-recipient monitoring for the Federal Government on an annual basis until awards are fully expended.
Businesses with a physical location within the City of Banning that can demonstrate financial loss due to the COVID-19 Pandemic are eligible. To qualify, businesses must:
- Be physically located within the City of Banning, including a storefront or physical location.
- Have been operational for at least the last 6 months.
- Show proof of a valid business license.
- Be in good standing with the City, including no outstanding City Code violations.
- Can provide documentation of a reduction in gross receipts of at least 25% for one quarter of 2020/2021 compare to the same quarter in 2019.
What Can the Funds be Used For?
Grant awards can be used to reimburse business expenses or employee premium pay.